I made this for the first time the other day – my housemate and I try and do a veggie/vegan meal a week. This recipe I made up it was so yummy and crazy creamy!!
150g wholewheat spaghetti £0.55
1 lemon – juice and zest £0.30
5 shallots – finely chopped £0.50
2 cloves of garlic, grated £0.25
250g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced £0.85
2 handfuls of Spinach £0.70
1 butternut squash £1.01
3 tablespoons Coconut yogurt £1.50
1 tablespoon yeast flakes £2.59
2 teaspoons Chilli flakes £0.49
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons Paprika £0.49
Handful of coriander £0.50
*I suggest teaspoon/tablespoon in the recipe but that is really just a guide – put as much or as little as you fancy, I rarely do what the recipe suggests!
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, paprika and chilli flakes and roast in oven for 45 minutes.
- After 30 minutes put on a pan of water and bring to the boil. When water has boiled at pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan heat some oil and add garlic and shallots and let them sweat for a few minutes. Add in lemon zest and stir to coat in oil.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and leave to get soft.
- In a bowl pour in a few tablespoons of yoghurt and add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Take butternut squash out of the oven and scope out the flesh. Add this to a food processor with the yeast flakes and pulse until smooth.
- Add spinach to frying pan and allow to wilt.
- Add the squash mixture to the yoghurt mix and stir. Add in roughly chopped coriander.
- Drain the pasta and add to frying pan. Pour over squash mixture, season some more and mix.